Looking to throw your hat into the ring as a volunteer for the 2020 Scotties Tournament of Hearts? There’s still plenty of positions waiting for you!
While a total of 242 spots have already been filled, a total of 401 volunteers are needed to fully staff the Curling Canada national women’s curling championship, which runs Feb. 15 to 23 at Mosaic Place and the Moose Jaw Ford Curling Centre.
To volunteer for the event, you:
· Must be at least 18 years of age;
· Must contribute a minimum of 30 hours (flexibility can be arranged if necessary).
· Are required to wear official event clothing at a cost of $100. This fee also contributes to a volunteer reward package listed below. This fee will be collected when you register online. At the same time you will choose your uniform size and submit a photograph for your accreditation.
· Must authorize to perform a background check for those volunteers working with Future Stars.
· Must authorize for photographs to be taken and used by Curling Canada.
· Provide photo identification for accreditation.
Volunteers will receive an event-specific volunteer uniform similar to ones worn when Moose Jaw hosted the 2015 Scotties, access to the HeartStop Lounge throughout the week, a limited edition volunteer pin that isn’t available to the public, access to the venue when not on shift and an invitation to the volunteer appreciation party.
Areas that currently need staffing are the arena proper, rocks and ice scorers, statistics and timers.
A booth will be set up in Crescent Park for Canada Day as well as during Sidewalk Day and at the Air Show. Staff will be on hand to answer any questions at those times.
For more information and to register, click here.