There are 439 new cases of COVID-19 to report in Saskatchewan, as of Nov. 21.
The Saskatchewan Health Authority (SHA) says that "fluctuation in daily case numbers can be expected, as a result of factors including weather-related and logistical delays in lab specimens reaching the Roy Romanow Provincial Laboratory."
The SHA adds that today’s case number reflects a new daily high of 4,580 tests processed yesterday in the province.
The new cases are located in the Saskatoon (170), Regina (56), North West (56), North Central (43), South East (19), South Central (18), South West (14), Far North East (13), Central East (13), North East (11), Far North West (9), Central West (8) zones.
Fourteen of the new cases in the South Central are located in the South Central 2 sub-zone, which includes Moose Jaw and area.
Nine new cases have pending residence information.
The seven-day average of daily cases is 203 (16.7 new cases per 100,000 population).
There are now 6,237 reported cases, including 2,537 active cases.
Ninety-three people are in hospital. Seventy-two people are receiving inpatient care — 32 in Saskatoon, 17 in the South East, eight in the North West, seven in North Central, five in Regina, one in the North East, one in Central East, and one in the South Central. Twenty-one people are in intensive care — 11 in Saskatoon, five in Regina, three in North Central, one in Central East, and one in the South West.
Forty-one more people have recovered, increasing the provincial total to 3,667 recoveries.
Of the 6,237 cases in the province:
- 434 cases are travelers;
- 2,731 are community contacts (including mass gatherings);
- 1,283 have no known exposures; and
- 1,789 are under investigation by local public health.
On a regional level:
- 1,841 cases are from the Saskatoon area;
- 1,346 cases are from the north area (469 north west, 623 north central, 254 north east);
- 906 cases are from the Regina area;
- 838 cases are from the south area (307 south west, 335 south central, 196 south east);
- 747 cases are from the far north area (522 far north west, 66 far north central, 159 far north east); and
- 530 cases are from the central area (236 central west, 294 central east).
Thirty-three deaths have been reported to date.
A total of 314,670 COVID-19 tests have been processed in Saskatchewan.