There are 10 new cases of COVID-19 to report in Saskatchewan, as of Sept. 16.
The new cases are located in the Saskatoon (7), North East (1) and Regina (1) zones. One case location is pending.
There are now 21 cases linked to a social gathering in Saskatoon that was initially reported on Sept. 13. Contact tracing efforts continue.
There are now 1,751 reported cases, including 107 active cases.
Investigations completed thus far have found that 32 of the 107 current active cases are from communal living settings.
Four people are in hospital receiving inpatient care in Saskatoon.
Four more people have recovered, increasing the provincial total to 1,620 recoveries.
Of the 1,751 cases in the province to date:
- 262 cases are travellers;
- 873 are community contacts (including mass gatherings);
- 520 have no known exposures; and
- 97 are under investigation by local public health
On a regional level:
- 431 cases from the south area (221 south west, 197 south central, 13 south east);
- 357 cases from the far north area (349 far north west, 8 far north east);
- 322 cases from the Saskatoon area;
- 271 cases from the north area (131 north west, 73 north central, 67 north east);
- 229 cases from the central area (168 central west, 61 central east); and
- 140 cases from the Regina area.
Twenty-four deaths have been reported to date.
A total of 163,151 COVID-19 tests have been performed in Saskatchewan. Yesterday, 1,218 COVID-19 tests were performed.