There are 10 new cases of COVID-19 to report in Saskatchewan, as of Sept. 15.
The new cases are located in the Saskatoon (8) and Central East (2) zones.
Thus far, 17 cases have been linked a social gathering in Saskatoon that was initially reported on Sept. 13. Contact tracing efforts are underway.
There are now 1,741 reported cases, including 101 active cases.
Investigations completed thus far have found that 33 of the 101 current active cases are from communal living settings.
Four people are in hospital receiving inpatient care in Saskatoon.
Twelve more people have recovered, increasing the number of recoveries to 1,616.
Of the 1,741 cases in the province to date:
- 260 cases are travellers;
- 862 are community contacts (including mass gatherings);
- 519 have no known exposures; and
- 100 are under investigation by local public health
On a regional level:
- 431 cases from the south area (221 south west, 197 south central, 13 south east);
- 357 cases from the far north area (349 far north west, 8 far north east);
- 315 cases from the Saskatoon area;
- 270 cases from the north area (131 north west, 73 north central, 66 north east);
- 229 cases from the central area (168 central west, 61 central east); and
- 139 cases from the Regina area.
Twenty-four deaths have been reported to date.
A total of 161,933 COVID‐19 tests have been performed in Saskatchewan. Yesterday, 1,658 COVID-19 tests were performed.