Provincial court offices will no longer accept in-person fine payments to help protect the health and safety of court users and staff during the COVID-19 emergency.
Effective March 19, enforcement measures on fines have been temporarily suspended for the next six months, according to a government news release. This includes:
- late payment fees;
- files sent to SGI related to driver’s licenses suspensions;
- files sent to the Canada Revenue Agency for set-off;
- files sent to Collection Agencies.
This does not mean fines do not need to be paid, however. Fine payment options are still available to residents through the following methods:
- online at www.finepayment.saskatchewan.ca;
- a toll-free phone call to the Fine Collection Branch at 1-888-935-5555;
- mail to the mailing address on the back of your ticket.
If your payment is necessary to obtain an SGI driver’s licence because it has been suspended, Court Services will forward payment information to SGI within 48 hours of processing your payment.
Provincial court offices are still open to receive bail and restitution payments. Please phone the local provincial court office to arrange these payments beforehand. In Moose Jaw, that number is 306-694-3612.